Monday, September 01, 2008

Labor Day meme

Shannon over at Rocks in My Dryer is hosting a meme this Labor Day about, well, labor. Check out the others here.

How long were your labors?

Kid #1, 24 hours
Kid #2, 6 hours
Kid #3, can't remember because of all the hospital stuff afterwards, but I think around 6 or 8 hours
Kid #4, 10 hours

How did you know you were in labor?

Kid #1, contractions
Kid #2, contractions
Kid #3, contractions
Kid #4, contractions

Where did you deliver?

Kid #1, at home, in a rent house in Arlington
Kid #2, at home, in Baird
Kid #3, at home, in a rent house in Clyde
Kid #4, at home, in Clyde

Drugs?

With Kid #1, I wished my midwife had some but sadly, she did not

C-section?

There are certain things I will not have done in my bedroom and surgery is one of them

Who delivered them?

Kid #1, an awesome midwife in the metroplex area
Kid #'s 2,3,4, the only midwife I know of in the Abilene area

4 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

I know several people that used a midwife...they loved it. Totally wish I had tried a midwife for atleast one.

Kevin said...

I think you are fearless for the whole midwife thing. I am not one to think it is crazy or wrong, just not sure I have the nerves to go through with it. LOL

Well, to allow Ashlee to go through with it. If I needed a midwife, that would be well, just weird!

Kama said...

Ah Abilene... I went to HSU for college. Anyway, thanks for sharing your stories! I am due in less than 4 weeks and have had fun reading all these stories thanks to RIMD. My friends are leaving advice for me on our blog this week if you'd like to stop by and share some words of wisdom! :)

Tammy said...

Cool! I didn't know you had home births. :)