Monday, February 18, 2008

Grab yer kleenex

You've heard of Compassion International, right? Well, I've heard of them, too and for years I've thought it would be neat to sponsor a child, I just never actually did it. (Notice a pattern?) Anyway, Shannon, over at Rocks in my Dryer got an amazing opportunity to go to Uganda through Compassion as a blogger. They put together a team of bloggers who support Compassion and asked them to go and blog about their trip to help raise awareness about them. Today, I saw this video of Shannon meeting the child that she and her family have been sponsoring and I cryed my eyes out. Really. I did. The first time I watched it, I teared up and started to cry. The second time I watched it, I literally put my face in my hands and started to wail. Autie came over and started patting me on the back and comforting me.



So, after I saw that, I went on over to Compassion International and I signed up. Elliott and I have been looking for ways to show our kids how big the world is and how blessed they are and this is just one way to do it. In a couple of weeks, we'll be getting a packet of information on each child and that child will be ours. I'm really excited to see what the kids think.

Oh, and thanks Ragamuffin Soul for the video.

5 comments:

Brandi Wilson said...

Must...Watch...Later...I don't think I can handle anything deep today.

Anonymous said...

(insert sobs and whimpers)
---clicking over to check them out....

Brandi Wilson said...

That was so beautiful.

Rachel said...

I just have to tell you how proud John is that he's adopted a child through Compassion!! He told me all about it several times this weekend. I'm excited that he's excited about helping out another child. I love it!!

Cherryberry said...

Gee thanks, Pam
I needed a good cry today.
Really... it is so wonderful the work done through Compassion International. I am excited for your family and the child/children you are sponsoring.
Love you