Friday, October 03, 2008

The Truth

Here's the serious, not funny, truth about the well we just had dug. I really believe that the Lord was trying to show us something about his faithfulness and his provision throughout this whole experience. We thought about calling someone several times in the last year to dig a well, especially in the heat of the summer when I was dragging 80 feet of garden hose all over the dang place to do my watering, but we never did it because we just didn't want to spend the money on it. Then, this guy shows up out of nowhere and won't take no for an answer. We try in three different places and hit nothing. Then, after Elliott finds a spot, and I go inside the house to pray and proclaim that there IS water in that spot, we hit not only a well, but an incredible well with lots of water. Then a couple of days later, we get some good news from Nashville about one of Elliott's songs. It's no coincidence, people. God is GOOD!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen and Amen!!!
Mom

Tammy said...

Awesome! :) Can you tell which song, or does it have to remain a secret?? :)

Pamelotta said...

I can tell you that it's a remade version of "Your Smile" but he won't let me tell which artist just yet. I'll tell as soon as he gives me the thumbs up!

A-lauf said...

it's overwhelming sometimes. God's goodness.