Well, it's official. Internet service at our house will be disconnected at the end of the month. I know you're saying, "I'll believe it when I see it." but Elliott called and canceled yesterday and since we're paid up through the end of the month, It'll be gone the first of December. I'll still be able to check things at the office, but I'm not sure how often that will be.
Other than that, there are some kind of big things brewing on the horizon that I'm so preoccupied with right now I don't really think I'm gonna miss the internet.
Since my last update:
- Autumn turned 5. I probably won't get around to showing pictures. It was a typical family party. There was plenty of HSM and Hello Kitty and way too much cake.
- Anna almost cut off the tip of her finger in a faulty trundle bed accident. It was not a pretty sight. Her finger is just now starting to look normal and it's been almost a month since it happened. It'll probably be a little stubby for a while because she crushed the bone. Oh well, at least it's not on her ring hand. Her wedding pictures should turn out just fine.
- Incidentally, the finger mangling took place the same night that Elliott and I and John and Elliott's parents went to ACU's Moody Coliseum to see a taping of A Prairie Home Companion. Why so many of us? We were really expecting to see Elliott up on stage playing with old Garrison but alas, he was not picked. I'm alright now, it was a big ACUfest anyway. Lots of talk about the college and the Church of Christ, etc. It was for the best.
- Elliott is writing songs like a mad man. They're just pouring out of him. And they're pretty darn good, if I do say so myself. We're trying to get a cd out soon. By "we" I mean Elliott is playing and recording and I'm nagging. He's got some great ideas so when it does come out, you'll want to buy a copy for yourself and all your friends. No homemade copies with "Elliott's songs" written in sharpy on them. No siree, we're headed for the big time!
- Speaking of, he's got a new website up and running. Nevermind the page about ordering a cd that's coming out in the next two weeks. That's a little off. You can leave a message on the contact page though and listen to a few songs while you're there. Check it out.
- And while you're wasting time checking out sites on the internet, you can check out the website for Elliott's day job. Even though his day job has slowed to a crawl, if you know anyone that has any commercial illustration needs, [that's drawing for us regular folks] you can send them our way.