Friday, August 22, 2008

Here's a funny thing...

This morning, April asked for a banana. Now she doesn't say, "Can I have a banana?" She says, "Can I have a beeeenana?" She gets stuck on the first syllable. It's pretty cute. Anyway, she asked for a beeenana and I gave her one. When I give her bananas, I peel them down about half way and tell her to hold on to the bottom part, the handle, and off she goes. Lately, I've been finding half eaten bananas lying everywhere and I just figured she wasn't hungry enough to finish the rest but this morning I realized why she hasn't been finishing them.

She came to me about 5 minutes after I had given her the banana and asked for some beeeenana chips. I told her the banana chips were for school lunches and besides, she had the real thing in her hand. She said, "No I doan. Iss down." I looked at her hand, holding the banana and realized that she had been eating down to the level of her hand and didn't know that she could eat the "handle"! I said, "Oh, sweetie, you still have some banana left in your hand. It's right here." And I proceeded to unwrap the rest of the banana and give it to her.

She looked shocked and said, "Thank you, mommy."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

THATS SOOOO FUNNY AND VERY CUTE. THANKS FOR SHARING THAT CUTE LITTLE STORY WITH US.