Monday, November 07, 2011

The 31 Days posts that I worked on last month really got me thinking a lot about my house and what it says about me. During that time, I discovered the fantastic Jules over at Pancakes and French Fries and she, in turn, introduced me to William Morris. I haven't been able to think about much else since then.


For my 40th birthday, which occurred this past May, my husband gave me the gift of permission. He felt like he had held me back when it came to designing the rooms of our house and wanted to step back and let me do all the things I've always wanted to do. I politely thanked him and then explained that the reason I had never done anything special with our house or even asked for permission, for that matter, was because I didn't have a vision for it. I just pulled it together the best way I knew how and moved on. 


Now, I feel like I'm figuring out what the vision for my home is, I just don't know how to pull it all together. That's where Ashley comes in. Last Wednesday, I entered several contests as part of The Nester's Fall Giveaway Day. I looked through the blogs that were hosting the contests and only entered those where the prize was something I really wanted or needed. I think I entered to win a wall stencil, some art work and a couple of different room redo's. 



Because of where I'm at right now with my house, the thing I really wanted and needed was the room redo. And you know what? I got it! Out of 780 or so commenters, Mr. random number generator smiled down on me! I can't tell you how excited I am! I got the email on Saturday morning and by that afternoon, I had already responded to her email with pictures of my living room, a little bit about my family and what I want to see done with the room. 


So sometime in the next few weeks, I'll have some great ideas to use as a jumping off place to start changing some things around here. And in the meantime, I'll be sitting here waiting with a paintbrush in my hand. If you like 'before and afters', stick around!

No comments: