Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The List

I need my own computer! It is getting increasingly harder to find time to read all the blogs I love, let alone keep mine current. By the way, I've decided instead of getting irritated when friends complain that I haven't blogged in a while, I am going to be flattered that I have such a captive audience of people on the edge of their seats hanging on my every word! That's never happened before, outside of my children and even they are becoming less and less interested in what I have to say!

I have a list of things that I would like to accomplish this year, but I don't want to commit to calling them resolutions. I'll just call it a list. I like lists. They're not extremely demanding. When I get to the end of the day and there are things on the list that aren't checked off, I just roll them over to the next day's list. No pressure. If you've heard me mention some of these before, it's probably a roll-over. Just believe with me that this is going to be the year I check it off!

☐ For my house to be clean (or rather, picked up) more than it is dirty (or rather, cluttered).
☐ Have a full sit down meal (everything on the table - no grazing) at least 3 times a week.
☐ More fruits, veggies and fiber for the whole family!
☐ Laundry (nothing specific, any improvement would be appreciated by Mr. Park).
☐ I have several cabinets full of artsy stuff and a head full of ideas to go with it so I just need to get busy.
☐ I've been neglecting my best friend in the whole world and I need to make it up to Him.
☐ The saying, "It's the thought that counts" applies to something you've done for someone that didn't quite come out the way you wanted it to. Not something you thought about doing but didn't have the time or energy to do, so you decided it was enough that you at least thought about doing something for that person because you remember someone once saying, "That's okay, it's the thought that counts." I'll do no more of that!!!
☐ This one is R rated. Make that NC 17.
☐ I would like to entertain more. This one has a lot to do with the first item on the list.
☐ Speak the truth more. I am so not that person. I am very careful and safe.
☐ Make some new friends. Not to replace old ones, just to keep from getting too comfortable.

That is all I can think of right now and, I must say, enough to keep me busy for the rest of the year! I promised pictures and they'll be up when I remember to upload them from my camera!

4 comments:

trish said...

I am happy you got over your "buffering" and blogged your list. I can relate to around 90% of it. I hope 07 brings all of these heart requests to reality. Cheers to the new year for your family!

ericaprosser said...

Welcome back! Didn't mean to be so mean to you yesterday- I was just realizing that I was missing you. It makes sense in my head.

Mrs. SeƱora Cobbey said...

Just have to say that I'm completely intrigued with your NC-17 part of you list.....inner-esting....

Pamelotta said...

What can I say? Well, you asked for it! I like to try to take care of my husband the best that I can and there's always uncharted territory! Are you just about ready to poke out your mind's eye?!? Sorry I didn't want you to be up at night wondering about that one!