Wednesday, October 19, 2011

31 Days: Day 19 - The seasonal wardrobe exchange

Today, I'm doing something a little different. I can't seem to get ahead on my posts so what you're reading is what's happening in real time. This project is nowhere near finished and I have school to teach and a house to pick up for company tonight so I'm giving you the before and then leaving it up. As soon as I have after pictures, I'll update. 

Last night I pulled down all the winter clothes from the attic. I think it was like, 10 trash bags. 





Then I proceeded to empty all of those trash bags, one by one and separate the clothes into piles. Individual piles for each person, piles for stuff that's too big, stuff that's too small, stuff I don't like, you get the idea.  



These pictures were taken last night, hence the horrible lighting. And why am I apologizing for bad pictures taken of a living room strewn with winter clothes? Nevermind.



That chair in the corner is full to overflowing with mine and my husband's winter stuff. Mostly, my husband's. He has as many sweat shirts and hoodie jackets as he has t-shirts. What I'll end up doing with all that stuff is anybody's guess. But, I can tell you one thing, it's not all going into our closet. Some of it's got to go to Goodwill or the curb. Anywhere but here.

Update: 9:15 this morning - My children thought they woke up to Christmas morning and started trying on clothes. This is the current state of my living room. Still have to do school and clean. Sheesh.


Click here for the rest of the 31 Days posts.

No comments: