Today, I thought I'd post about a project I did a few weeks ago that isn't quite done yet, but is on it's way.
Mine came together pretty much like theirs did except for one little detail. The day I decided to work on it, I went to the hardware store in my small town to get some E6000. They didn't have any and I didn't want to go to trek all the way to Abilene so I settled for some other adhesive that I thought would surely work. Not so. I'll have to see for myself if E6000 lives up to the hype, but so far, the other stuff doesn't cut it.
I didn't take pictures of the cake tins, but you'll see them in the final pic. They were around 50 cents a piece from Goodwill. The brass candle sticks were around a dollar a piece and I already had the spray paint.
Here's how they turned out after my first go.
And here's how I modified it after the glue I used didn't hold up.
I only ended up using 2 of the 3 tins I had and 1 of the 3 candle sticks so I think I'll work with them and find something that I can live with and that's durable enough to hold up in my house.
Click here for all the 31 Days posts.