Friday, October 21, 2011

31 Days: Day 21 - The freezer continued

They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions. I think the same can be said of the freezer. 


The second part of my freezer clean-out involves the upper drawer. If the bottom part is hell, then the upper drawer is purgatory. It's shallow, so I can see everything that's in there so I'm pretty good about rotating it, but still, you never know. In fact, I found a ziploc bag of leftover chicken thighs that were unappetizingly monochromatic. Not sure when they first entered. In fact, it took a second for me to figure out what I was even looking at.



Here's a rundown of the poor, wasted-away souls I found.

Sorry it's so small. Click to see.

Here's the finished product. I threw so much stuff out, that I could fit everything in purgatory the top drawer. I'll probably start keeping things I use more often like bread, lunch meat and frozen juice in there. Before, I had to keep those kinds of things in the big freezer in the laundry room. And believe me, that's a job for another day.Sometimes my depression era ideas get put in the purgatory drawer because they have a slim chance of actually being used, but I don't know anyone who actually froze and then later reheated and served leftover pancakes. Oh, well, it's the thought that counts, right?


The bottom drawer


The top drawer

Click here for the rest of the 31 Days posts.

No comments: