Sunday, October 09, 2011

31 Days: Day 9 - Using what you have

This is sort of a continuation of yesterday's post because I gotta get to church. Another way you can be frugal is to use what you already have. Sometimes you won't even know what you have until you start looking at things with a different perspective. I needed a container to hold the homemade laundry detergent I made yesterday. The liquid version I previously made, made a batch so big, I needed an empty liquid laundry detergent container and a large glass pickle jar. The powder version takes up a lot less space so I needed to find a smaller container. The metal bread box I ended up using wasn't ever a real bread box. Obviously, since it's only big enough to hold a half a loaf of bread. It was one of those gift tins that had a collection of kitchen stuff in it and shrink wrapped. I liked that the container was metal so I saved it. It's served as a candy container for most of the years I've had it, but lately it's just been sitting at the back of the pantry taking up space. It turned out to be a perfect fit for my homemade powdered laundry detergent. It only needed a coat of green spray paint that I had left over from another project. Voila!




Click here for the rest of the 31 Days posts.

No comments: